PII – AAET
ENGINEERING SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION (ESTI)
ESSAY COMPETITION FOR ASEAN YOUNG TALENTS
WORKING TOGETHER TOWARDS A LOW CARBON SOCIETY FOR ASEAN
The ASEAN Academy of Engineering and Technology (AAET) is a non-profit Civil Society Organisation (CSO) affiliated with the ASEAN Secretariat. The Academy’s mandate is to promote and support initiatives in Engineering, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI). Through ESTI, the Academy hopes to contribute to a stable, prosperous and highly competitive ASEAN. In Indonesia AAET have a colabaration with Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia (PII).
Towards these objectives, AAET endeavors to launch various initiatives and programs from time to time, inviting members from various sectors of society to participate and contribute their efforts and ideas. The AAET ESTI Essay Competition is one of such initiatives.
Undergraduates, postgraduates and young engineers, architects, technologists, industrialist of ASEAN countries are invited to use their innovative ideas and analytical skills to compete for one of three ASEAN ESTI Essay Writing Prizes. The Theme for the Essay Competition is: ‘Working Towards a Low Carbon Society for ASEAN’.
2. Rule , Regulations and Requirements of ESTI Essay Competition
The participation is for individual entry only. The Participant must be under 30 years of age.
2.2. Entries and Closing Date
The submission of the essay shall be not less than 2000 words and not longer than 5000 words in English. Each entry submission shall complete with:
- Entry Form Part 1 to 3 shall be duly completed and signed by the Participant and verified by member of teaching staffs of higher learning institutions or member of professional institutions.
- Entries shall be sent by email, fax or post in digital or printed format to:
40, Jalan 2/109E, Desa Business Park, Taman Desa, Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tel:603-79838088 Fax: 603-79809390 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The closing date for the submission is 15 December 2011. Late submission will not be entertained.
– Gold : USD 3,000 ( One only )
– Silver: USD 2,000 ( One only )
– Bronze: USD 1,000 ( One only )
– Merit: USD 100.00 ( Max. 30 )
Winners of Prizes will be selected by the Judging Panels as set forth in 5
below. Decisions of the Panels are binding and final, and no appeal will be
Winners of Gold, Silver and Bronze prizes will be invited to attend one of the conferences/seminars/workshops/lectures organized by AAET in one of the
ASEAN countries. Winners will receive the certification of AAET as “ASEAN
Young Innovative Writer – 2011”.
4. Right of Use of the winner’s Entries
All participants must have completed and signed on the Entry Form whereby they irrevocably agree and authorize AAET to make public and/or use the participating essay or part(s) thereof without compensation. In using the essay, the winner will be acknowledged.
5. Panels of Judges
The judging panels shall comprise of Main Judging Panel and Preliminary Judging Panel.
The Chairman of the Main Judging Panel is Prof Dr. Poo Aun Neow (AAET Treasurer, Singapore) and members of the Panel comprising of one representative from each ASEAN member countries. The country representatives are:
– Datuk Ir. Hamdillah HA Wahab (AAET Fellow, Brunei)
– Prof Dr Ir. Meas Sokhom (AAET Fellow, Cambodia)
– Ir. Heru Dewanto ( AAET Fellow, PII, Indonesia)
– Ir. Khamphong Phanvongsa (AAET Fellow, Laos)
– Prof. Dato’ Dr. Chuah Hean Teik (AAET Fellow, Malaysia)
– U Than Myint (AAET Fellow and Council Member, Myanmar)
– Ir. Lydia Tansinsin (AAET Fellow and Council Member, Philippine)
– Prof. Dr. Poo Aun Neow (AAET Fellow and Treasurer, Singapore)
– Prof. Dr. Sutja Boonyachut (AAET Fellow, Thailand)
– Prof Dr. Nguyen Truong Tien (AAET Fellow, Vietnam)
The country representatives will be the Chairmen of Preliminary Judging Panels of theirrespective country and will, subject to the endorsement of the Main Judging Panel appoint a minimum of 3 and maximum of 8 judges to form their respective Preliminary Judging Panels.
Preliminary Judging Panels will be responsible for the selection of 3 best entries from each country, which will then be submitted to the Main Judging Panel for the selection of the final best entries for the Winners of Prizes as stated in 3.
6. Advisory Board
– Datuk Hong Lee Pee, President of AAET
– Dato Lee Yee Cheong, immediate past President of AAET and Chairman of Governing Board International Science Technology and Innovation Center for South-South Cooperation, UNESCO.
– Prof Dr. Sein Myint, Vice President of AAET
– Ir. Choo Kok Beng, Secretary General of AAET
– Mr. Bong Bon Fah, Honorary Legal Advisor of AAET
For further inquiries, contact:
1. Mr. Fok Kuk Fai, No. 40, Jalan 2/109E, Desa Business Park, TamanDesa,58100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
Office Tel: +60 3 79838088, Fax: +60 3 79809390, Mobile +6012 3787678, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ir. Rudianto Handoyo
Jl. Halimun No. 39 Jakarta 12980, Indonesia
Tel.: +62 8352180, 8352181. Fax: +62 83700663